Monday, January 28, 2008

Not Part III

Sometimes here in Iraq things go boom, or "boomba" as our Iraqi Jundees say.

Yes, I am overdue. Some of you even chose to use your potty-mouth words to tell me so. I could respond with a few choice Iraqi put-downs, which are very colorful, and more poetically constructed than in English. But, suffice to say I have been damn busy. Just getting done for the day now, and of course, by the time I get all my kit off and put away, vehicles ready to go, people "talked to" as 'D' calls it, and get settled down, the fucking morning call to prayer starts (yes, it is actually called the "fucking morning call to prayer", or it least it is on this side of the wall.)

All I am going to say right now is, the birds didn't fly because their computer said the weather was bad - it was a clear, star lit night........ ok going to go hit something, just realized I can't talk about this rationally right now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew...I haven't even read this post...just...damn glad to see you boy...damn glad!

Nixon said...

SGT,

Morning call to prayer is great! It's the only time when a 107mm mortar is guaranteed NOT to land in your breakfast cereal.

KA said...

... sgt g - yup. The hubs has been telling me that he's had nothing to do at work because the birds won't fly. Funny how these "all weather" birds get downed a lot for.. u know...weather.

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the - Web Reconnaissance for 01/29/2008 A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention, updated throughout the day...so check back often.

Sergeant Grumpy said...

hope - don't worry yourself sick now, if I do my job right, I'll have no time to post.

LT - damn skippy

Kat - what's up with that? can you have the hubby talk to the pilots? WTFO? This twice they have left us hanging.

Anonymous said...

Heh..gimme a break-- I'm a civilian and I have uterus. I'm gonna worry, but beings how I'm a Texan I worry TOUGH. I can hang. See you in the mail!

CI-Roller Dude said...

Grumpy,
OpTempo just means the higher ups just figured out W.T.F. is going on...usually a week or two too late...
Remember the first Rule of CI-Roller for war: Get all your people home with all the parts they deployed with...

And I can write really good Sworn Statements...