Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Map of Iraq

Finally, here is a map of Iraq that makes sense.

Quick update here is that we have relocated somewhere where we wait before catching the freedom bird to Kuwait, where we will promptly wait again. And that is how it goes in Army these days, we go from busting-your-ass busy to nothing to do. I don't think I will be posting much more, as I shouldn't have to many stories of interest - "there we were building our pallets, when out of no where one of the Conticos flew off and hit Johnson in the head..." Of course there is a lot idiocy around here, and far to many REMFs who have nothing better to do than look for uniform violations on troops returning for combat. I hate those people, and it is a one more reason I won't stay in the Guard - yes I am talking about all you Master Sergeants and Sergeants Major who persist in harassing people for stupid shit. And no I wasn't the target, but some of my buddies have been constantly harassed for things that are part of our units uniform policy. But apparently here in the rear (meaning one of the giant bases near Baghdaddy) you might as well be at Fort XXXXXXXX. LT Nixon, I don't know how you put up with it. It is like we've trained all these support Soldiers to be a bunch of busy bodies - everyone walks around in fear. I could go on for ever, but ....

I will of course post once I am safely in the States. I may post some pictures if I feel like it. If you really want to hear from me, I suggest e-mail.

Hope you've all enjoyed the posts, and thanks for the support and humor.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Love the map.
2. Thanks for doing your job.
3. Good work.
V/R JW

Nixon said...

Haha, I work in the Green Zone, so I'm basically a civilian. But over at VBC, it's reflective belt and haircut inspection central. I wouldn't be able to put up with it either. Cool map, you should throw Sadr City on there except call it Crater Lake, hehe. Hope your travels go well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well and this is said from a mama perspective mind you, better REMFs and the synaptically challenged giving you grief than Muj with lousy aim. Glad to know you are heading towards home. It's well earned and I am real proud of all of you!

CI-Roller Dude said...

holly shit grumpy...did you forget what Eagle Base, Bosnia was like... When I went on my R&Rs in Baghdad, I almost puked with the REMF Bullshit. "Soldier, you can't run with a I-pod plugged in your ears, you might get hit by some dumbass REMF who might not see you in the middle of the day running without your reflective PT belt on...and make sure those humvees with IED damage are lined up straingt in the motorpool."
& my friend who got chewed out when his boot laces were burned off in an IED attack, so he used green 550 cord for laces...and got his ass chewed out.

This is one of the reasons for PTSD....stupid lazy ass useless REMFS who never left the wire but harass the working troops.

This is why I got out of the regular army and why I hate going to drills.

and when I retire from the Guard and police work, I'll get a prescription for medical marijuna and grow my hair down to my ass.

KA said...

I'm always happy to see you posting :-)

Anonymous said...

The map is hysterical - make sure you leave it for the next unit! Thanks for the entertaining and enlightening posts. Prayers to all for a safe return. You rock!