Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grumpy Recommends: Hatch Gloves

I am going to try out a new feature on this Blog "Grumpy Recommends", so let me know if this is useful for anyone.

kick ass glovesHatch Operator™ HK Gloves
SOG-HK 300/350/400

Before I deployed to Iraq, I looked at every tactical glove out on the market, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I needed a durable, functional glove, that would provide protection and comfort. We were often scrambling in and out of vehicles, and buildings, and even back in training my hands were getting hammered. But breathablity and comfort was as much of an issue - most gloves I tried made my hands sweat too much.

I found the Hatch gloves to be a perfect balance, with protection provided by tough materials where needed - on the palm and knuckles, and moisture-wicking materials everywhere else. I also found the short cut of the glove very comfortable when driving. I just could not stand wearing gloves that rode up the arm. These gloves were excellent for handling hot weapons also. I never went on a mission without these.

If you have a Soldier or Marine going downrange who will be outside the wire, these make an excellent gift. They also make good "Gucci Gear", as we called it, for REMFs and others who like to dress the part [;)



me and my crew


1 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Grumpy,
I've used the Kevlar version for years...and they're actually fire resistant and will stop somethings from cutting your hands. You can even grab a hot .50 cal barrel when you have to do a barrel change and you're hands won't get fried.
All the Hatch gloves work great though.