Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update and such

Well it has been a long time old friends. After getting prodded, cajoled, threatened, etc I am going to try to get to this a little more often. More often than never I suppose is setting a low bar for myself, but what the hell it's my blog.

For anyone who is interested, things have been pleasantly normal for the most part. I have had a few health problems not least of the shoulder for which I had surgery in 2008, but most of you already new that. I have also been diagnosed with Reactive Airway Disease from what I can only guess was expose to all the crap in the air in Iraq. Sounds worse than it is and seems easily treatable. I also came down with some bad abdominal issues late last year - I had been having some trouble during Iraq and upon my return, but then I also had to go to India for work about a month before things got really bad.

So after a long slog and nothing clear coming from any of the tests, the docs says I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Nice, what part of me isn't irritable? No matter. Enough blabber, next up I am going to work a little humor related to my Bosnia tour. I figure I few posts on that shitshow should warm me up for some Iraq stories. And I'll trust CI Roller will keep me honest about it.

6 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Grumpy, I can't smell things very well since Iraq...but it was the KBR chow that was the worst, I gained 15 pounds eathing in thier messhalls.

As far as your Bosnia stories, tell whatever you want, and I'll swear it's the truth.

Glad you're back on the net.

Hope said...

xox...You're back where you belong. Thanks for the ping earlier...

Coffeypot said...

My wife has Irritable Bowel Syndrome - me. Seems she thinks I'm a pain in her ass.

I'll be looking forward to your stories - true or not.

Anonymous said...

Good to see back in the blog again.(I won't say back in the saddle, because that would probably make you more irritable. ...just sayin')

Looking forward to your stories, Sgt. :)

Unknown said...

Do you accept guest posts? I would love the opportunity to submit an article to blog.seargeantgrumpy.com or sgtgrumpy.blogspot.com about traumatic brain injury as it pertains to the military. Let me know, thanks.

Chelsea
Please reply to ctravers@caremeridian.com

gray hair said...

Just keep it coming buddy. We're here to support you.