Saturday, December 29, 2007

Operations for Dummies


I wasn't going to post for a few more days, but this is just too damn funny. I know my buddy CI Roller Dude will especially like this. The funniest thing though is the fact that this is way more accurate than the real FM. Sorry if this doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to my civilian readers, but trust me - this shit is funny. ht to B5

The Army has a lot of processes that it is still trying to figure out. Don’t worry about these things. Just be happy if somebody actually gets you an order that you can understand in time for you to do something about it.
Oh and be sure to read all the way down to the glossary. My favorite:
Soldier: Individual speaking in expletives and wearing cool-looking digital camouflage that doesn’t blend in with anything.
Happy New Year to All.

5 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

SSG Grumpy... This is a friggen riot...I had to pick myself up off the floor...I laughed until I stopped (old English saying)
I saw some really good op orders and mission briefs in my time, and some where the person should have been gut shot. Even though the education requirements have gone up (HS grad) the mental screening to be a leader has never happened...sometimes Idiots lead from the rear.
You are my hero dude...rock on rock on rock on...
CI-Roller

Anonymous said...

I printed this off to send to some folks...they will bust a gut...CI is right on that...Tony laughed his ass off and was quite impressed with whoever wrotet that conveying the sheer idiocy with nary an f bomb. Humor does really get you through doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hey Sgt Grumpy...not sure if it's the new year there yet or past...but blow up something for me if ya get the chance...

funny stuff, by the way.
Stay safe..
-J

madtom said...

The art work looks like this same guy's work, but I don't know did that either

Army Sergeant said...

Funny. Reminds me a little of the manual for wall-to-wall counseling-have you seen that?