Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Slow road home

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but....

I am still in the process of trying to get off active duty and back home to real life. The Army is sure taking it's time making sure we are healthy and sane enough to go home, but at least I am in my own State now. I have a few minor injuries I am waiting on Big Army to decide what they are going to do about, then I have to decide what I want to do when I grow up. Hah hah.

I have a couple of posts yet to finish writing, hopefully I will get those out in the next week or two.

5 comments:

Nixon said...

I imagine the process of dealing with the Army has been at the same level of competence that I dealt with trying to get out of Kuwait (not an easy task). Hope it all works out for you, and the 3000th form you have to fill out doesn't drive you to insanity.

CI-Roller Dude said...

It's times like these that the Army should allow us to smoke a little weed...then you wouldn't care.
Don't forget to keep a copy of all your medical problems...and get sworn statements from those who were with you before you're scattered in the wind....you may need them for the VA later.
The folks at the VA are pretty good, but they're still working with the same number of people they had in 2000 = before the 30,000 plus wounded that have come home. Get in line and expect to wait a few months to get an appointment.

Anonymous said...

grumpy...glad to see the post...sister was a bigshot with the VA...roller is right..DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and never give them anything you don't have a copy of and some sort of f-ing proof you gave it to them to begin with...hugs...hope

Anonymous said...

Of course we're still following, Grumpy, we just figured you took a hiatus! As far as deciding what you're going to be when you grow up - some of us take years!!!!

CI-Roller Dude said...

Grumpy,
I can retire from police work and the national guard in a few years...them maybe, just maybe, I might decide what I wanna' do when I grow up. I've played cop and soldier, but not cowboy...