Friday, July 11, 2008

Waiting...

So it looks like I will be having surgery to repair a tear on my bicep tendon. I still don't have a surgery date, so I still haven't been able to plan some leave to take the family somewhere before school starts back up. Hopefully that will get squared away soon, in the meantime I have been well treated - there are an amazing amount of resources dedicated at demobing Soldiers who are injured in some ways. I am sure that this is because no one wants a Congressional inquiry after what happened at Walter Reed. I am also not sure if the program just happens to be good at this post, or if this is Army wide. I am grateful for it right now though. The biggest issue right now is figuring out how to keep my mind occupied now that I won't be returning to my civilian work and I have no mission to focus on. The "just being glad to be home" phase is over and I need something to do, we'll see.

That said I don't seem to have a lot to write about, although there are a few stories I have left to tell, I have not been motivated to sit and write. So for now I am just enjoying the mountain views, working out and trying to catch up on some non-military reading.

3 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Grumpy,
I hope you tore the tendon by doing 12 oz curls. When we out processed at Ft Lewis Wa, They had the Nat Guard troops on medical hold staying in old worn out WWII barracks that were actually worse than what they showed in the news at Walter Reed. That's why I didn't want to stay there on a med hold. (I'll eventually write in my blog how my old fatass got hurt) I got an e-mail from the KFOR guys, the SFOR/OIF vets seem to be having some fun.
Take care...

KA said...

aww, well we're just happy to know you're alive and well even if you're in need of surgery.

blue said...

hey grumpy...got your email..it was sweet of you to send it. think of you often and am glad you are home. take care. hope to hear more from you soon.