Friday, November 16, 2007

Something Right in Iraq, Something Wrong in Massachusetts

Something Right

Check out Michael Yon's latest piece about the re-opening of St John’s Church in Baghdad.

Muslims mostly filled the front pews of St John’s. Muslims who want their Christian friends and neighbors to come home. The Christians who might see these photos likely will recognize their friends here. The Muslims in this neighborhood worry that other people will take the homes of their Christian neighbors, and that the Christians will never come back. And so they came to St John’s today in force, and they showed their faces, and they said, “Come back to Iraq. Come home.”
Something Wrong

Some idiot in Cambridge (People's Republic of Massachusetts) complained about the Boy Scouts there collection toiletries for our deployed troops (like me, who can't get any toiletries other than what my family mails me.) So the City government, based on the complaint of one whiner, caved-in and took the boxes away. Grow a pair pal, and stand up for what is right. Doesn't anyone teach their kids that anymore. Or I guess he wouldn't have actually gotten his position is he did that. Check it out here, here and here. The Scouts apparently spent $1,500 of their money to get this all set up. Please show them your support, for they stood with us.

Boy Scouts of America
Troop 45
PO Box 38-1241
Cambridge, MA 02238

Scouts of Troop 45 - We are with you, for you understand Duty, Honor, Courage, and Selfless Service. Let me know if there is anything I could send you from here as a heart-felt "Thank You."

And if you want to let Cambridge know how you feel about this, here is their contact info:

Marsha Weinerman:Executive Director

Cambridge Election Commission
Phone: (617) 349-4361
Fax: (617) 349-4366
Monday:8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Tuesday to Thursday:8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday:8:30 a.m.-Noon

Email to:Elections2@Cambridgema.gov

Now, if you oppose the war in Iraq, as many Americans do, I can respect that. I can even respect voicing your opposition in public - it is a right I am sworn to defend. But to oppose Government policy, by attacking, disparaging, or preventing support for our Troops is wrong, dim-witted, and cowardly. Soldiers don't make National Policy, your elected Representatives do. If you are really opposed to this war, then put something at risk to end it. Get out on the street protesting, lobby your Representatives, do something. Oh, but that's right you're a coward, and you aren't going to do something that might expose you, are you. Or maybe you're just opposed to it because everyone else is, like so many sheep. Much easier to anonymously pick on some Boy Scouts.

I got something waiting for ya'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what...there is something really satisfying about that graphic of yours...I could look at it for hours...Thanks for the intel. I'll be sure to send those folks my best from Texas.

Julie Pippert said...

I don't understand.

We just sent two huge boxes over. Should be there to folks at the end of the week. That's just my family.

The school has four refrigerator sized boxes they are working to fill. We did our best to add to it.

Never mind what anyone thinks...there are people there who need things and who are working for us.

I'm as liberal as they come, too.

I'm sorry for those kids, who tried to do some good.

Julie
Using My Words