Friday, November 30, 2007

Seriously, who could support such idiocy?

One of the worst things about being here in Iraq is that we are defending the democratically elected Islamist parties in power. Here are some of the great things Sharia-based laws have brought us this week. If you are of the mind that we need to "accommodate" this type of Islam in America, please do me a favor and kill yourself right fucking now.

  • A 20-year-old Saudi woman has been sentenced to be lashed after pressing charges against seven men who raped her and a male companion. (Whoa Tonto, did catch that last part right? Homosexuality is banned under Islam, but that only applies to catcher apparently. Ask any Afghan Vet.)
  • Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied Friday in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad." (I have named my roll of toilet paper Muhammad, bring it!)
Not sure yet, well, while it is true, Catholic Wedding vows include the phrase "A silent wife if a gift from the Lord" (wink, sis), the Quran (4:34) orders a man to beat his wife if she doesn't obey him? Check it out over at The Apostates of Islam Anyone tries to treat my daughters that way is going to get the ass beat - and not by me.

UPDATE:
Thru my friends at a three letter agency, I have been able to get satellite imagery of the protest in Sudan mentioned above. Just don't tell anyone where I got this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed to hear a rant. I wouldn't mind that face pummeling graphic you put up sometimes when people live 40 light years past the planet Dumb Ass. I may need that graphic for a screensaver come to think of it.

Anonymous said...

Grumpy,
My better half came home from work the same day you posted this, ranting and raving about the idiots who want to execute the British school teacher for letting the kids name their teddy bear "Muhammad". He was livid!! Did you two talk?
;-)

Valley Girl said...

I just wanted to say you're in my thoughts while you're out there in Iraq. My brother served too, but is home now. I hope your holidays are safe and happy.

*hugs*

Sergeant Grumpy said...

Thanks Val, appreciate it.